A fruity, full bodied (wine based), smooth edged splash that adds real excitement to meats, fish and vegetables. The kawakawa (NZ Bush basil) compliments the smoothness of the merlot wine whilst providing a textured sensation that delivers interest and intrigue.
- Either marinate or glaze during or prior to roasting turkey, chicken, duck, guinea fowl, pork, beef wing rib or beef fillet steak
- Splash over cooked octopus, steamed razor clams and whole, slashed snapper or other white fish prior to roasting or steaming on the BBQ
- Generously fling over parma ham, suckling pig and pig’s trotters
- Glaze and baste over game meats– wild duck, venison, rabbit, wild turkey and hare
A wonderful and intense black raspberry (fruit based) bouquet of flavour sensations that typify summer, picnics, salads and parties. Full of vigour, punch and elegance this splash dances all over your taste buds, popping out a hint of horopito piripiri (NZ Native Pepper) in the after-taste.
Three words sum this ‘Splash’ up: thrilling, startling and sensational!
- Fabulous over artichokes, grilled fennel, crunchy green salads, coleslaw, vegetables and greens
- Wonderful with cheeses: vintage tasty, feta, smoked havarti, gruyere, grilled haloumi, parmiganno reggiano and buffalo mozzarella cheeses
- Lavish over fresh oysters in ½ shell, sardines, salmon, mussels, clams, octopus, squid, tuna and scallops
- Dollop over strawberries and or with chocolate sauce
- Essential with quinoa, lentils, chickpeas, cannelloni beans, pasta, couscous, orzo, pasta, beetroot risotto
Horopito Passion and Chilli Splash
A surprise ‘whack’ of lip-smacking zing – a perfect partner to New Zealand ‘s legendary Hokey Pokey Ice-cream. Sweet passionfruit, livened up with fiery horopito piripiri (NZ Native Pepper) and punchy chilli, this splash is one of the best ever. Once tried, you’ll be hard pressed to not splatter it over everything you eat!
- Fabulous poured over smoked fish, salmon, mussels, clams, octopus, squid, raw fish, tuna and scallops
- Dip with or dot over feta, smoked havarti, grilled haloumi, goat and sheep milk cheeses
- Pour over ham off the bone; prosciutto; parma ham; smoked bacon and pork, beef cheeks
- Marinade with chicken or lamb ribs and slow cook
- Great spice to asian foods
- Adds complexity and depth to vegetarian fare – tofu, stir-fry, avocado, daikon, kumara, corn, watercress, glaze carrots
- But best of all – pour liberally over cold watermelon, pawpaw, mango, peaches, or coconut for that tangy hit of sweet sour fire and flavour all in one